CSR Bradford’s Optimo™ boasts the highest rating (R2.5 and R2.1) for underfloor insulation for suspended timber floors, keeping homes warmer and reducing energy costs through winter.
- Keeps your home warmer by retaining the heat
- Reduces your heating energy use
- Helps keep your home quieter
- Low allergen
- Simple and easy to install
Optimo has been designed to fit snugly between the floor joists to make installation easy. All batts are 1160mm long but to determine which batts to buy, you need to measure the spacing of your floor joists.
- Use 415mm wide products for 450mm floor joist spacing
- Use 565mm wide products for 600mm floor joist spacing
If the floor joist spacing is less than 450mm, you will need to use the 415mm product and trim it down along the length of the batt.
Similarly for joist spacings between 450mm and 600mm, then a 565mm Optimo should be used and cut to suit. In all cases the insulation should be trimmed so that its 5mm MORE than the space of the opening to allow for a snug fit.
You should ensure there are no gaps between the insulation and the joists or abutting edges of insulation. If the insulation is too loose you can trim a piece from the edge of another batt and use this as a packer.