James Hardie have partnered with Futureflip, to create a brand new four-part expert series to help builders grow their businesses. As part of this series, they will be releasing videos and blogs talking through tips for small-medium builders to grow their business leveraging our trade ambassador, Neil Hipwell, the Founding Director of Futureflip. The videos will be shared via James Hardie social media platforms and also full length video and blog on the James Hardie website.
The third chapter in the series is : Chapter 3 – Meeting Building Deadlines. Everytime.
In this third chapter of the James Hardie and Futureflip series, Neil explains how he uses commercial construction principles for residential building. And it’ s an approach that can be replicated by builders across Australia. A commercial system means every area of the business is managed by site supervisors allowing projects to be loaded with trades. The company structure is “lean and agile ” – Neil’ s employees know they need to be flexible and may be asked to do things they are not used to in order to get the job done. In fact, he has come to hire staff exactly for that flexibility.
This chapter in the series by James Hardie and FutureFlip covers:
• The importance of communicating key milestones with clients – such as application processes and approvals.
• Using clear communication and constructive advice to manage clients.
• Tips for managing the stress and sometimes “downright chaos ” that comes with running a business.
• How to manage a building site by using the right systems and processes.
• How keeping the right people around you – such as high quality subcontractors and trades – helps keeping to deadlines.
To view the third chapter in the series CLICK HERE